Instagram

Instagram

Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New lights, set up #2 with umbrella modifiers...

I've been wanting to try out this type of lighting, because it makes for simple yet awesome pics of little kids--which is what I enjoy most. However, I'm lacking a third light. I really, really, really want that third speedlight, but I can't afford it quite yet, so....I had to try this with a two light set up. I took this and a couple others of the kids this afternoon, about 5 mins before putting them down for naps. I wanted to do it before nap, because I knew I'd have to postprocess quite a bit, since they wouldn't be perfect SOOC. Sure enough, it did take some time to get my final image, but I think it was worth it. I know, not the best composition, and there are no catchlights in his eyes--my lights were too high but I think with more time I'll get better results. Anyway, what do you think?





2 comments:

Awakened Images Photography said...

Very nice again! You know... reflectors and mirrors work as second/third lights... ex. use a mirror 3/4 behind the subject to get the "hair" light, or a reflector on the side across from light number 1, for a fill light... Just some ideas that we spent ages on figuring out with a low budget:) I'll try to find the website that helped teach us and let you know.... :) Great jobs though!

Marta said...

Great lighting! I love the last picture of Kateli... very fun!